Friday, November 09, 2007

Freshmen Training Accomplished

Photo with group B

That's it, I have completed my part in the Freshmen Training Camp teaching 4 classes of about 30 students (31 Oct & 3, 4, 6 Nov) about marketing & TWSM.

I didn't want to lecture the entire day, so I planned the program to be a half day lecture and half day workshop. Still, it was exhausting as I had to talk almost the entire day. In the workshops, opposing teams sometimes can't see eye to eye and I have to play pacifier.

So workshops are just as tiring but they can be very fun too. There's a lot of brainstorming and teamwork.

Workshops are great for judging people too. Sometimes, I get a glimpse of occasional talent or leadership potention in several quiet and unassuming freshmen. Several of the better educated and outspoken ones ("You know I have a Masters degree?") seemed very self assured ("Don't I deserve more points for completing the task first.") but upon further evaluation, turned out to be just as clueless as the rest.

Next round, I'll plan a 2 hours lecture and workship for the rest of the day so that I don't have to work so much. Ha! Continuous improvement!


Marketing Workshop


Freshmen masterpieces


Class photos (Group C)

No comments: