Friday, February 10, 2006

Stiff Immigration Checks @ Airports

Recently I seem to be facing stricter checks when I go through airport immigration checks. I've faced slight inconveniences when I went through immigration checks in Istanbul, Paris, Beirut and yesterday, Casablanca. Then I read this today:

Bush said that in October 2001, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the mastermind of the 9/11 attacks that year, had set in motion a plot for another attack inside the United States using shoe bombs to hijack an airplane and fly it into the tallest building on the West Coast.

Rather than use Arab hijackers as in the 11 September attack, Mohammed "sought out young men from southeast Asia whom he believed would not arouse as much suspicion", Bush said.
(article from http://www.aljazeera.net)

No comments: