Sunday, June 10, 2007

Dîner Au Restaurant Bon Gerbil

This is one of the few nicer restaurants in Algiers. It has a good ambience and serves mostly French food with a little bit of local twist. We visit this place occasionally when we have guests. I remember being invited here for my first dinner after coming to Algeria.


Entrance



Some of our visitors from our trading company in Japan with Algerian local staff.


Cozy Interior


Selection of French and Algerian wines


Fireplace for winter season




Al Fresco Dining Area


The restaurant was almost empty when we arrive for dinner (7pm) because Algeria normal dinner time starts after 8.


Al Fresco dining in Spring time


Mixed salade: Octopus, shrimps, lettuce and springrolls


Entrecote: My dinner.

French courses are so slow, by the time my steak arrived, it was already dark...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that restaurant looks terrific! I can see that you're having great time.. =) the food looks yummy, too..

Sencha said...

Racquel,

Thanks, I had a great time in that restaurant indeed.

Visited your blog and it has many interesting things I didn't know about Morocco.

scar said...

hi Sencha,

Where exactly is this restaurant in Algiers?